Beginning with the graduating class of 2013, Oak Hills High School students will have the opportunity to select a Program of Study designed to enhance their college and career readiness.
Program of Study OUTCOMES AND INCENTIVES
- Completion of relevant and rigorous preparation for college and/or career
- Participate in CAPSTONE project
- Experiences to share on a college application or job application
- Diploma recognition and certificate of achievement
- Possible college credit through Advanced Placement tests and dual enrollment opportunities; and advanced standing through articulation agreements
- Possible scholarship opportunities
Program of Study ENTRANCE CRITERIA
- Submit Program of Study Application, indicating interest
- All students will submit an online application by February 14, 2013.
- Develop Personal Program of Study plan with Program of Study Tartan Time Teacher, identifying electives and discussing Program of Study Capstone Projects
Program of Study REQUIREMENTS
- Complete a designed plan of study with a minimum of 25 credits toward graduation with a minimum number of elective credits in the Program of Study area. A grade of C or better must be achieved in all elective courses designated for the Program of Study recognition.
- Creative & Performing Arts (CPA): 8 elective credits in Fine Arts (Art/Design/Music/Drama)
- International Studies: 8 elective credits in World Language, Business and Social Studies
- STEMM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and Medicine): 8 elective credits in STEMM areas of study (Math/Science/other associated electives)
- Integrated Studies: a minimum of 8 elective credits from a combination of two Programs of Study with an individualized focus.
- Complete an approved CAPSTONE project
Program of Study COMPLETION CRITERIA
- Complete and submit Program of Study graduation checklist by end of 1st semester of senior year
- Complete exit interview with Program of Study Tartan Time Teacher
OHHS Class of 2015 to complete Programs of Study Intent Form in Tartan Time
Click here for the OHHS Registration
Click here for the Oak Hills Academic Planning Guide
Click here for the Habits of Mind