The Oak Hills Local School District is committed to providing all students with educational experiences that are necessary for success at the middle and high school levels and to achieve their post-secondary goals. As the world changes, so must the way we prepare students for their selected futures. Through a series of assessments , inventories, and planning systems, students build the knowledge, skills, and behaviors that are essential for college, the military, career technical institutes or the workforce in order to compete in the global economy.
Kuder Student Career Planning System
- Grade 6 – Students will be given insight into their pattern of interests and how they translate into career possibilities.
- Grade 7 – Students will investigate their own skills and how they translate into career possibilities.
- Grade 9 – Students will be given the opportunity to explore the characteristics they value as a starting point in identifying a potential career path.
- Grade 8 – The ACT Explore is an assessment that provides benchmark scores as early indicators of college and career readiness. ACT Explore is an effective tool for planning high school coursework and a useful career exploration and planning program.
- Grade 10 – The ACT PLAN is an assessment that provides benchmark scores as early indicators of college and career readiness in the 10th grade. ACT PLAN is an effective tool to help students explore careers and match their interests.
- Grade 11 – The PSAT is an assessment that provides students an opportunity to qualify for the National Merit Scholarship Program. Students are strongly encouraged to take Advanced Placement (AP) courses, as well as the ACT and SAT.
- Grade 12 – Students are strongly encouraged to take Advanced Placement (AP) courses that cross the discipline areas. The ACT and SAT should be taken during the first semester.
- Through individual Parent/Student Conferences, the use of the KUDER Career Planning System, and assessments from ACT and College Board, Oak Hills is providing a comprehensive grades 6-12 Post-Secondary Planning System to provide students and parents with information as they begin exploring Post-Secondary decisions (or Opportunities).