The Oak Hills Community Education Program is made available by the Oak Hills Board of Education. The classes are being offered to serve the interests of those who would like to develop skills and pursue a vocation or simply for personal enjoyment. The Oak Hills Community Education Program is self-supporting. Early registration helps us determine if classes will have the minimum number of students required to hold the class and also assures your opportunity to participate in the class. Early enrollment also assures your opportunity to participate in the class. Some classes have limited enrollment and fill quickly. Oak Hills Local Schools district residents with a “Golden Buckeye” card may register for most classes for a $5 discount. The student will still be responsible for all supplies and material costs. Community Education classes will be canceled if Oak Hills Local Schools are closed during the day. Students should watch local television or listen to local radio stations for the latest information.
Community Education Fall 2013 Classes
Our classes will now be listed here and can change quite often, so please check back frequently. Click on the name of the class for more information. If you are interested in offering any classes for Community Education, please call us at 451-3595 or send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aqua Zumba - Check back in January for new dates and times at OHHS
- Tai Chi – Thursday nights, Oct. 3-Nov. 7, 6:30-7:30 pm at OHHS
- Beginning Digital Photography – Check back in February
- Beginning Crochet – Wednesday nights, Nov. 13-Nov. 20, 6-7:30 pm at OHHS
- Intermediate Crochet - Wednesday nights, Nov. 13-Nov. 20, 6-7:30 pm at OHHS
- Sewing Basics – Thursday nights, Nov. 7-Nov. 21, 6-7:30 p.m. at OHHS
- Better Baby Sitters – Tuesdays, Nov. 5, 12, 19 and Dec. 3, 3:30-6:00 p.m. at Oakdale Elementary
- Kidz Home Alone – Dates TBD. Call or email if interested
- Write Your Life Story – Monday nights, Sept. 23-Nov. 4, 6:15-8:00 pm at OHHS
- Belly Dancing – Check back in February
- iPhone and iPad Tips and Tricks for Beginners – Nov. 18 & 20, 6:30-8:00 p.m. at OHHS
- More coming soon!!
- Featured Online Classes
Red Cross swimming lessons are offered in the spring and summer. Due to pool unavailability, we are unable to schedule classes in the fall or winter months. Our 2014 spring lessons are scheduled to begin on March 31 and will run one-day-per-week for six weeks. A variety of days/times will be available. The summer 2014 session will begin on June 9. Schedules will be posted online in February, 2014.
There are FIVE convenient ways to register:
- Online - see link below
- Mail to Oak Hills Community Education, 3200 Ebenezer Road, Cincinnati, OH 45248
- Call the Oak Hills Community Education office at 451-3595
- Fax to Oak Hills Community Education at 922-4900
- In person at the Community Education office in Oak Hills High School, 3200 Ebenezer Road, Cincinnati, OH 45248
- Email us at email@example.com for more information or with any questions.
- To print out for mailing or delivering in person, registration form is available in PDF format here
- To register online, click here.
- Submit requests for e-mail notifications here
- Check out this map of the high school to find the new location of our office. We are now in room 340 near the 5th and Vine intersection. You can also view a map of the lower level. These files open in Acrobat Reader.
Register for Gatlin Education Online Workforce Training Programs at http://www.gatlineducation.com/oakhills/ or for ed2go classes at http://www.ed2go.com/oakhills/ Please note: Payment must be received at the time of registration in order to secure your place in the class.
- Fall Office Hours:
- Most Tuesdays and Thursdays: 3:45-5:45 p.m.
- Other days: By appointment
- Anytime: Leave a messages on our voice mail (513-451-3595) or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note – whenever Oak Hills Schools are closed, Community Education will be closed.
For additional information
Please email us at email@example.com. You may also call the Community Education Hotline at 513-451-3595.
Instructor-Led Online Courses
Experience learning the way it was meant to be: enjoyable, clear, uncomplicated, fast, and convenient! Expert instructors, interactive quizzes, assignments and an online discussion area available via the web. We offer more than 300 online courses that you can take on your own time and from the comfort and convenience of your home, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Pick up a new skill or brush up on an old one. Online discussion areas enable you to communicate with other students. Instructors respond to your email questions – ask as many questions as you want, whenever the mood strikes you. Whether you’re looking for professional development or personal enrichment, these six-week online courses are the perfect way to learn a new skill or enhance your existing ones. You’ll spend roughly two to four hours each week completing two engaging lessons in an enjoyable, interactive learning environment. Expert instructors develop and lead every course, and you’ll be able to interact with them and with fellow students in lively online discussion areas. New sessions start every month, so you can sign up anytime. Upon completing a course with a passing score, you’ll get an award of completion from your learning institution. Six-week, 12-lesson short courses starting at $95. Visit our companion site at http://www.ed2go.com/oakhills/.