Oak Hills announced today the launch of its Oak Hills Local Schools App, an all-in-one information source for parents, students, staff and community. Created by ParentLink, the app was developed specifically to provide direct access to the district’s most sought after information in the most convenient format — your mobile device.
Recognizing trends in social technology and the unprecedented use of smartphones and tablet devices, Oak Hills has elected to become part of the mobile sphere to better connect and collaborate with the majority of their stakeholders. Oak Hills is one of the first school districts in the state of Ohio to offer a mobile app for their parents and community.
“Our choice to go mobile goes directly back to our District mission to improve student performance,” superintendent Todd Yohey said. “Enabling our parents and students to connect with the district in real-time, at their own convenience magnifies engagement. We know this resource will help in terms of transparency and parent interaction. It’s another step in remaining Highlander Strong.”
Features of the app include:
- District and school news, allowing the user to select which schools and district news feeds they want to subscribe to
- Push notifications for the District to send out instant alerts and school closing information to the user’s mobile device
- Calendar information for schools and district events, including the ability to add events from school calendars to the user’s device calendar
- A tip line tool for users to provide the District with suggestions, security issues and other important information
- The ability to submit photos to the district for use on social media pages and to promote positive press in our community
- School and district directories and maps
- Contact information for teachers, administrators and other staff
- Links to the School/District’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Vimeo sites
- Sports scores, schedules, and links to sports sites
“We know all parties — students, parents, community and staff– will find great value in this app,” said ParentLink President John Graff. “We are excited to provide the Highlander community with a mobile resource to make collaborating with their local school, an enjoyable and easy part of their busy schedules.”
The Oak HIlls Local Schools App is free for users and available for immediate download on iPhone and Android devices.
ParentLink mobile apps, branded specifically for each organization using the service, are in use at school districts across the country. For more information about ParentLink Mobile App Services, please visit: http://www.parentlink.net.